SEESA COVID-19 SOLUTIONS
It is our responsibility to stay responsive and innovative with the solutions we offer our clients who are running their businesses in an ever-changing environment.
Business today is faster,
smarter and more complex.
If you want to stay on top of the game,
You need control, you need experts.
At SEESA we specialize in business.
– 20 years experience
– Holistic, integrated business services
– Expert knowledge
You’re running a business.
Leave the rest to us.
SEESA manages the needs of over
36 000 clients nationwide,
across multiple industries,
for clients with 5 or 5000 employees.
Everything you need to know
- 5 Things We Know About The POPI ActThe Protection of Personal Information Act (or the POPI Act, as we know it) has been around for 7 years, since its enactment in 2013. As time went on and the application of the act fell by the wayside, many rumours and myths have crept into the understanding and application… Read more »
- SEESA FAQ – Who Should Be Registered As The Information Officer On Behalf Of A Private Body?According to the draft guidelines on the registration of information officers, the following categories should appoint the following positions as information officers: Natural Person: A Sole proprietor who carries on any trade, business or profession, but only in such capacity and not in his personal capacity. Partnership Any partner of… Read more »
- Consumer rights in terms of online transactionsSEESA Consumer Protection and POPI law experts, Melindi Dean and Damian Bothma explain what rights are afforded to consumers when transacting online in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act. Visit our website for more Read more »
- SEESA FAQ – Can We Conduct a Disciplinary Hearing During Lockdown?Yes, a disciplinary hearing may be held during the lockdown through video conferencing technology if the company is not yet open due to regulations. If the company is already operating a disciplinary hearing may be held personally as long as there is compliance with the safety regulations and social distancing… Read more »
- SEESA Did You Know – Using Money From TERS For Any Expenses Other Than Salaries Is An Offence And May Face Serious ConsequencesThe Department of Employment and Labour has noted that some employers still claim from TERS while they have recovered financially to such extend that they can afford to pay salaries. They further indicated that if an audit reveals such irregularities, those employers would be investigated and prosecuted. The main purpose… Read more »
- Implementing a system of “Lay-off” As An Alternative to RetrenchmentsAs we pass the 100-day mark since the announcement of the unprecedented nationwide lockdown, employers are faced with fighting for survival in a bleeding economy. Employers may find themselves in situations where little or no work is available for employees to do and subsequently unable to pay employees indefinitely during… Read more »
- Episode 37. Complying With Employment Equity Regulations During LockdownIn today’s podcast, Skills Development Facilitators, Schalk Kotze and Rulanda Potgieter discuss the steps and procedures that businesses should follow to properly prepare for the Employment Equity submissions and the impact lockdown might have thereon. Click play to listen to our podcast! Contact your SEESA Skills Development Facilitator to assist… Read more »
- The Effect of COVID-19 on Discretionary Grant ApplicationsWhat about Discretionary Grant and Mandatory Grant applications during the current pandemic? Even though there is a Skills Development Levy break, levy-paying companies were still encouraged to participate in the Skills Development process by submitting their Workplace Skills Plans and applying for Discretionary Grant funding through their relevant SETA. Due to the current situation, there was another blanket extension granted for submission of the Workplace Skills Plan up until the 31st of July… Read more »
- SEESA FAQ – What Options Do We Have If An Employee Claims Sick Leave Without Submitting A Positive COVID-19 Test?In the latest Government Gazette No. 43400, (Consolidated Covid-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace Issued by the minister in terms of Regulation 4(10) of the National Disaster Regulations published on 4 June 2020; It was clearly stated that the OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act), requires the employer to provide and maintain… Read more »
JOIN SEESA TODAY
Complete the form below and we will give you a call.